Operational parking Areas: Medway Universities Campus, Historic Dockyard,Liberty Quays
How can I download the App?
How can I sign up?
• Simply download the Rent and Rent app that is available for both iOS and Android
• Sign up by providing name, email address, phone number and Payment details
• Verify the details provided by entering the code sent to phone number you provided
• Once the details are verified you are good to ride a Bicycle
What if I can’t register?
What if I don’t receive a verification code for signing up?
I am not able to register my Bank card?
Pricing and Payments
How much RENT & RIDE journey cost?
How do we Process payments?
What payment method do you accept?
Why was my Payment rejected?
• Your bank has rejected the transaction
• The entered bank details are incorrect
• Your account has been suspended before
What to do if I am being overcharged?
What is the refund policy?
Where will my refund go?
What is the recurring policy?
Where can I find a Rent & Ride bicycle?
• Get to the Bicycle you want to ride
How can I unlock the bicycle?
• You can either scan the QR code or manually type in lock number by clicking on “Scan and Unlock” in app.
• Once the smart lock is unlocked, wrap the cable lock around the space underneath the seat and attach the hoop at the end of the cable lock to hook provided.
How to lock the Bicycle?
• Use the Cable lock to secure the bicycle around a bicycle stand. There is a hoop at the end of cable lock that needs to be placed between the smart-lock clasp and the tyre.
• Then manually lock the smart lock by pushing the lever on the lock downwards. You will hear a beep, which would tell you that the Bicycle is securely locked.
What happen after I finish my trip?
After you lock the bicycle, finished trip screen will appear on the app. Please keep Bluetooth on before locking the bicycle. If finished trip screen doesn’t appear please press ‘finish trip’ on the app. Please ensure before doing this that bicycle has been securely locked. Once the trip is successfully finished, a summary of ride will be shown to the rider including number of calories burnt during ride
Where can I park my Bicycle?
Before finishing trip, bicycle must be returned and parked within following Areas: 1.Medway University Campus 2.Dockyard 3.Liberty Quays.
Riders must park bicycle outside of the pedestrian right of way that complies with local laws and does not obstruct traffic.
What to look for while parking?
While parking the Rent & Ride bicycle, riders have to make sure they don’t park in a place that upsets the freedom and safety of other people.
This includes but not limited to:
• Locations which obstruct or potentially obstruct traffic or pedestrians
• Private bicycle racks
• In private/gated communities
Can I Park outside operational Areas?
NO, you can’t park the bicycle outside the operational Area. The Bicycle has to be parked inside the 3 operational areas mentioned above and securely locked before finishing the ride.
• If you failed to park the Bicycle inside the operating area or at restricted parking area, then you will be liable to pay a penalty of £20.
• If the bicycle is found to be damaged or stolen because of the unauthorised parking or because of the parking outside operational area, then the fine can go up to a maximum of £250.
• By agreeing terms and conditions you authorise us to take the penalty payment from the bank card provided.
What if I find an unauthorised Parking of the Bicycle?
Contact us by email or through your mobile app by attaching the photos of unauthorised parking and earn some bonus points.
Can I take the Bicycle outside operation zone?
• If you failed to park the Bicycle inside the operating area or at restricted parking area, then you will be liable to pay a fine of £20.
• If the Bicycle is found to be damaged or stolen because of unauthorized parking, then the fine can go up to a maximum of £250.
• By agreeing terms and conditions you authorise us to take the fine payment from the bank card provided.
Locking & Unlocking Issues
I have scanned the QR code many times, but the Bicycle is not unlocked?
• If this doesn’t work, try turning off and on your Bluetooth.
• If it still doesn’t unlock then please report the bicycle faulty and use another Rent & Ride bicycle.
The journey has started but the Bicycle is still locked?
• Sometimes lock clasp can get jammed, manually push the lock lever upwards
• After few minutes if the bicycle is still locked then finish the trip through App and try unlocking it again.
• If the problem persists, please inform us and use another available Rent & Ride bicycle.
• Contact us through App if you have been charged for the trip and we will refund you.
I have locked the bicycle, but my trip is not finished?
• If the ride doesn’t finish after locking the bicycle, tap ‘finish trip’ on app,
• If ride still doesn’t finish, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your email id and we will help you in resolving the issue.
The QR Code is damaged or not working?
My Camera is not working can I still unlock the Bicycle?
• simply type in lock number after tapping “Scan & Unlock” option and the smart lock will get unlocked.
What if my Bluetooth is not working?
I have tried locking the smart-lock, but the it can’t be locked?
• If the smart-lock is not locked, please attach both end of cable lock to hook provided underneath the seat after wrapping it around bicycle stand
• please make a video and send it to us through app help section or email us at email@example.com. Please ensure lock number is included.
I forgot to lock the bicycle?
• If you have forgotten to lock the bicycle, please go back to lock the bicycle.
• If the bicycle is lost, you need to notify us immediately. You will be liable to pay a penalty of £250 if the bicycle is not found.
• By agreeing terms and conditions you authorize us to take the penalty payment from the bank card provided.
Rider’s Responsibilities & Safety
What is Rider liability?
Do I have to inspect bicycle before riding?
• If you find any issue with the Bicycle before hiring, then contact us and don’t use that bicycle and find another Rent & Ride bicycle.
• Rent & Ride does not take any responsibility of the rider if they haven’t checked the Bicycle before hiring it.
Where can I ride Rent & Ride Bicycle?
• Please ensure you check the relevant information before you start riding Rent & Ride bicycle
What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
What should I do if the Bicycle breaks down during my ride?
What should I do if Rent & Ride bicycle is lost/stolen during my ride?
Restrictions on Rider
How old do I need to be a Rent & Rider?
Where Can’t I take Rent & Ride bicycle?
• If you do so, it will result in suspension of your account and you may have to pay fee of maximum £250. By agreeing terms and conditions you authorise us to take the fine payment from the bank card provided
For how long can I hire a Bicycle?
• After 24 hours, a £250 penalty of lost bicycle shall be applied. By agreeing terms and conditions you authorise us to take the fine payment from the bank card provided.
What to do if I see unauthorized activity happening?
How does point system works?
Upon signing up every rider will receive 10 positive points, number of positive points will increase as number of trips increases. Similarly, when the rider reports any unauthorized activity or misuse of the Bicycle, they will get extra positive points. Parking the Bicycle at a restricted parking area or damaging the Bicycle will earn the rider negative points. Rider’s account will be suspended if overall points goes into negative.
|Complete a trip||+1|
|Report a broken Bicycle||+2|
|Report Unauthorized Parking||+2|
|Park in designated area||+2|
|Incorrectly locking of Bicycle||-5|
|Parking outside geo-fence||-5|
|Damaging the Bicycle||Account Suspension|
|Violating traffic rules||Account Suspension|
The points will only be awarded or removed upon RENT & RIDE team verification. For more info visit our website or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
About bicycle and App
How to turn on the lights?
What if my App crashes?
• if the app still crashes, please switch off and on your smart phone and try again.
• If that doesn’t solve the issue, uninstall the app and download it again. If the problem still persists then contact us on email@example.com and we will solve you issue.